ECO-III adopted a short- and a long-term strategy to build and enhance the skills of a cadre of energy efficiency professionals. The flagship training programs and awareness building activities under the ECO-III Project included energy simulation, measurement & verification, ECBC training, and exposure of Indian EE professionals to the US energy efficiency centers, research and development (R&D) laboratories and US Federal and State Government organizations managing EE programs.
- Highlight the need for energy simulation capacity building and introducing more rigor in simulation-based energy analysis
- Help build the energy simulation capabilities of building energy efficiency professionals
- Help build a cadre of energy efficiency professionals proficient in monitoring and verification of energy savings
- Provide awareness and exposure to Indian government officials and ECO-III partners through study tours to US government organizations, R&D institutes, and energy efficiency centers
- ECO-III has had more than 3,000 individuals attend over 75 training programs and events, most of which were organized in partnership with BEE.
- Sustained partnerships with internationally recognized organizations such as Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Efficiency Valuation Organization, Association of Energy Engineers, and Technical University of Vienna, were the backbone of the training efforts.
- More than 100 faculty members from India’s leading architecture and engineering colleges have been trained in the Building Physics & Energy Simulation and Train-the-Trainer workshops.
- There are now over 65 Certified Measurement & Verification Professionals (CMVPs) in India. Five Indian CMVP trainers certified by the Efficiency Valuation Organization have also been trained under the ECO-III Project.
- Alliance to Save Energy
- Association of Energy Engineers, Battery Park City Authority
- Center for Built Environment at UC Berkeley
- Center for Building Performance and Diagnostics at CMU
- Efficiency Valuation Organization
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Lighting Research Center
- National Fenestration Rating Council
- Pacific Energy Center
- Industrial Assessment Center at San Francisco State University
- Southern California Edison
- TUV India
- US Department of Energy
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- US Green Building Council